The Gilbert Control-A-Ball Set is a unique training tool designed to increase player awareness and skill level.From beginners first learning the pass, to elite teams preparing for unpredictable situations, this set will increase reflex and responsiveness. As no two rugby matches are the same, training with this kit prepares players for whatever happens on the pitch and helps turn mistakes into game-changing plays.
Partnering with former Springboks and Montpellier coach, Richie Gray, Gilbert developed 5 hand-stitched balls, each with slightly different behaviors to test player’s reactions.
Featuring 5 Balls:
For more information, Visit our Ball Care Guide
Unsure which ball to choose? Visit our helpful buyers guideUnavailable for shipping to Canada. All balls ship deflated.
1. In order to get the needle into the ball, dampen the needle with water.
2. The valve for the ball is situated in the main panel, but on the match balls the valve is hidden in the seam.
3. Make sure there is enough space for the needle to go all the way in without touching the facing inside wall of the ball. Not doing this may puncture the ball from the inside. Hold the neck of the valve with two fingers. Pinch it, wet the needle and slide it in.
4. It also helps to grip the entry point from underneath to make sure the needle goes all the way in.
5. The most mentioned problem when inflating balls is that air is "leaking" out of the ends. This is normal when a ball is just being inflated as the bladder and panels are not connected. This is air being pressed out of the ends as the bladder expands. It should stop shortly as the ball inflates.
We provide FREE return labels for customers in the U.S. Items that are unwashed, unworn, and unused may be easily returned by mail within 30 days of delivery.