G-TR4000 Rugby Ball:
Featuring Gilbert's newly patented Triangular surface grip pattern, the G-TR4000 represents a major step forward in grip technology on training balls. Tests have shown that this new, more defined pattern is hard wearing and allows the player more surface area contact with the ball when handling. Hydratec technical fabrics and waterproof laminations have been installed to enhance the life and performance of the ball. The 3 ply poly-cotton and cotton laminate panel means that the ball will weigh slightly more. The ball will perform better on longer kicks and passes, and generally hold it's shape better than a ball of 2 ply construction. The durable rubber surface makes for a long lasting practice ball.
Omega Rugby Ball:
The Gilbert Omega has been hand-stitched and is an official size 5 rugby ball ideal for club, school, and junior rugby.
The Omega Match Ball features a Truflight Valve, a unique valve shape and placement that redistributes weight along the seams of the ball to improve rotational stability, resulting in greater accuracy on passes and more control in the kicking game. The standard Gilbert grip with round pimples evenly distributed at a uniform height make the Omega a comfortable and predictable ball. 3 ply poly-cotton and cotton laminate panel means that the ball will weigh slightly more. The ball will perform better on longer kicks and passes, and generally hold its shape better than a ball of 2 ply construction. Conforms to World Rugby Specifications.
450 Precision Kicking Tee:
Constructed of molded rubber, this kicking tee withstands repetitive, powerful kicks, making it a great practice tool for players of all levels. The stable base helps keep the tee steady in various weather conditions and on uneven fields. Four rubber prongs allow for more ball support and precise contact whether kicking for accuracy or distance.
Rugby tees come in all heights, shapes, and sizes. They lift the ball out of grassy, muddy fields so that players can strike the ball more firmly and accurately. Lower tees are a bit more stable and allow for power kicks while higher tees are easier to learn off of. Therefore, field conditions, kicking style and personal preference determine the height of the tee you want to use. See our video to learn more.
Hand Ball Pump
The perfect travel partner! This hand pump is lightweight, durable, easy to use, and multi-purpose. As important as it is to have your rugby ball inflated appropriately, you don't want to go without a pump, so throw one of these in your bag when you head to the pitch.
Not just for rugby balls! This mesh equipment bag from Gilbert is designed to carry your lightweight training goods as well. Strong quality mesh will stand up to rough tough equipment plus the open mesh helps equipment air dry to prevent mildew and odor.
General rugby ball information:
All Gilbert balls are hand stitched to ensure quality and care.
For more information, Visit our Ball Care Guide
Unsure which ball to choose? Visit our helpful buyers guide
Unavailable for shipping in Canada. All balls will ship deflated.
1. In order to get the needle into the ball, dampen the needle with water.
2. The valve for the ball is situated in the main panel, but on the match balls the valve is hidden in the seam.
3. Make sure there is enough space for the needle to go all the way in without touching the facing inside wall of the ball. Not doing this may puncture the ball from the inside. Hold the neck of the valve with two fingers. Pinch it, wet the needle and slide it in.
4. It also helps to grip the entry point from underneath to make sure the needle goes all the way in.
5. The most mentioned problem when inflating balls is that air is "leaking" out of the ends. This is normal when a ball is just being inflated as the bladder and panels are not connected. This is air being pressed out of the ends as the bladder expands. It should stop shortly as the ball inflates.
We provide FREE return labels for customers in the U.S. Items that are unwashed, unworn, and unused may be easily returned by mail within 30 days of delivery.