During Lockdown, rugby fans travelled across the globe, getting a focused insight into what each part of the world has to offer.
Travels began in New Zealand with a bang. A last minute drop goal from Bryn Gatland set the standard for Super Rugby Aotearoa. Then across the Tasman we went. Australia's Super Rugby had some good moments too. With the likes of Samu, Wilson, Tate and O'Connor Shining brightly.
England was next to open its stadiums and as of last weekend, Ireland and the rest of the UK. Even with an empty stadium, the Leinster Munster derby was something to behold.
Its not long now until rugby fans will see action in South Africa.
The South African competition will have 3 extremely exciting and well rounded teams competing for the top spot, plus derbies with the Cheetahs and Lions should make things interesting.
Possible Sharks starting team
1. Thomas du Toit
2. Craig Burden/ Van Vuuren
3. Ox Nche
4. Hyron andrews, show picture inserted from our instagram of hyron.
5. Jodran Clee
6. James Venter
7. Phepsi Butelezi
8. Sikhumbuzo Notshe
10. Curwin Bosch
12. Jermey Ward
13. Lukhanyo Am
14. Sbu Nkosi
15. Aphilele Fassi
We try to listen to you guys, but where do we put Werner in the backline? Is Am moving to 12 and Werner at 13 an option. He normally plays wing, but with two Springboks currently filling those shoes, there's hardly space for him there.
1. Trevor Nyakanye
2. Shcalk Erasmus
3. Lizo Goboka/ Marcel Vdm
4. Andries Ferrera/ Tim Agaba. Tim can also play in the backrow, but as the bulls have a loose-forward surplus, he may only be getting game time in the second row.
5. Grobler. Played exceptionally for both Gloucester and Munster. His physicality will be needed against the Stormers
6. Van Zyl/Van Staden
7. Arno Botha
8. Vermeleum (honourable mentions to Nizam Carr)
10. Marnitz Botha
11. Roscko Speckmagic
12. Chris Smith. Lets see what this rookie can do.
13. Stedman Gans. Gans can give the bulls what Am gives the Springboks, time on the ball and athleticism.
14. Cornel Hendricks
15. Gio Aplo. Not a bad replacement for Cape-bound Gelant.
A few months ago, we made a Stormers team: (https://www.worldrugbyshop.com/blogs/news/possibles-stormers-team-for-super-rugby-south-africa)
Here is an alternative look, with the big difference being PSDT is still injured.
1. Steven Kitsoff.
2. Bongi Mbonambi.
3. Frans Malhere.
4. Jd Shickerling.
5. Saleem Morerat.
6. Siya Kolisi. Captain.
7. Kobus Wiese/ Juarno Augustus/ Johan Du Toit. This is the most open position. Wiese and Du Toit offer good line-out options and 80 minutes of work. Augustas on the other hand, offers the ability to create something out of nothing. It will be interesting to see how coach Dobson decides to balance the pack.
8. Jaco Coetzee. Will he follow in Duane's footsteps and become the Cape's next great 8?
9. Herschel Jantjies.
10. Damien Gazza Wilemse. In our other team, we've put Willemse at 12. But in this team, he could will be the Talisman 10 that brings the Stormers to the top.
11. Seabelo Sentla.
12. Daniel Du Plessis.
13. Ruhan Nel.
14. Sergeal Peterson.
15. Warrick Gelant.
Timo Swiel is left out of this team. His pace and skills allow him to cover wing, full back and 10. A great asset on the bench if he isn't starting.